Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Auntie Lizzie's Recipe for Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Well...what can I say? It's summer, and it's just too darn hot to cook sometimes hahaha.  So today I have introduced a yummy recipe that was given to me by my Aunt that I will soon make myself with a little of my flair thrown in ;) So here it is: Auntie Lizzie's Recipe for pulled pork sandwiches and a side salad

ok first I get a pork butt any size I happen to pick one up at the dollar general for about 5.00 . You can get your BBQ Sauce of choice. Cook lil butt in Crock Pot for about 5-6 hrs on low (depends on size) season as you wish.
I put Rooster sauce in mine because that is what I do..
warm your hamburger buns or your choice of bread roll..
 
Salad
you will need 2 Japanese cucumber ( dollar general) 1 pkg cherry tomatoes, 1 medium red onion , 1/2 can of olives 1 firm Avocado. ( 4 for 1.00 yes dollar general) Cilantro just tear and wash as much as you would like and toss in Rice Vinegar... Lovely Cucumber salad ..
So SIMPLE>>>:)
you can add of course Feta cheese I selected Avocado in place of the cheese because they were 4 for a 1.00
ENJOY !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment