Wednesday, July 3, 2013

2 GREAT MEALS IN 1 BBQ RIBS AND STUFFED BELLPEPPER

Well as you can tell now, I don't cook on weekends lol, I mean I hardly cook on weekends ;)  And being that I live in the central valley it was too hot to cook inside so we decided to BBQ on Monday and get take out yesterday.  On Monday, my little love was not here to help me cook because he was invited to go see Monster's University with his grandparent :) but I thought this would be a good simple flavorful time to make something that is still easy enough to cook with him and brings a great recipe to all the parents out there as well.  I made BBQ ribs with a side of stuffed bell peppers on the side.  I maybe could have made the presentation look better, but I was in a rush 1. It was hot 2. I was hungry ;p  So with that being said...let's get to it shall we?
These are all the seasonings I used for my rib rub.  Garlic salt, pepper, old bay seasoning, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, and some worchetshire sauce.
We get the slab of ribs we want to use and rub all dry ingredients first.  Like you must already know, I am not the measuring type of person, I just got with the flow ;)  I usually measure by sprinkling the seasoning onto my meat to get a nice feel for how much per portion that I'm using, but I would recommend rubbing the brown sugar in first so the moisture from the meat absorbs some of that up right away.  I also place my meat on the bag it comes into not have any lingering bacteria on surfaces of any kind, then you can just pick it up and throw it out.  Meat bacteria freaks me out!!  So after you have all your dry ingredients on there I sprinkle some worchetshire sauce on to help break down more of the brown sugar :) After this is all done I take 2 pieces of foil and place the ribs on one and cover with the other, then roll the edges tightly so no steam escapes...I could have sworn I took a picture of this but I did not :(  When the bbq grill is ready we put the ribs on for approximately 40 minutes, flipping once.  They come out nice and tender everytime!!
Oh and never forget the onion for added flavor ;)
Oh remember the tacos with Spanish rice we made previously? Well.......I had leftovers ;)  I took the bell peppers that I had (before they went bad) and halved and seeded them and placed them cut side up.  Then I took my left over taco meat and rice, mixed that together and started layering that mixture along with the cheese of your choice, with the rice meat mixture as the final layer, then individually wrapped each bell pepper completely with foil.  Those then go on the grill when the ribs have about 15-20 minutes left. Now for the kicker, my tomato beef gravy...this was soooooooooo good I even surprised myself. (first time making it)
 
 
Ingredients are as follows: Butter, flour, onion, garlic salt, pepper, cayenne, tomato sauce, and beef stock
Get your roux going with a couple tablespoons butter and a couple of tablespoons flour with about 1/4 onion chopped anyway you like, let the flour brown because you do NOT want to taste any flour whatsoever.
Add your spices so they can toast along, it brings out more flavor from the spices, and again I do not measure I just know what my ratios look like, I like a lot of spice so I put a good amount of cayenne in there. Then you slowly add your beef stock after everything is finished toasting to make a gravy.  Add a little bit of tomato sauce, just enough that you can taste the tomato flavor and walahh!!
Tomato Beef gravy :D
Like Isaiah likes it, I also made Kraft mac n cheese because he's not to fond of the bell pepper taste even though I made him eat it because it is was his dinner veggie.
How it should be!! Ladle the tomato beef gravy over the stuffed pepper, with the rib on the side, flavors galore!! I even gave my parents some stuffed peppers and they absolutely loved them... and this has been your double whammy :) Because I feel bad when I don't cook, not necessarily the not cooking part, just because I can't post anything when I don't lol..until next time, which might be next week because it is still hotttttttttttt lol

No comments:

Post a Comment