Tuesday, June 25, 2013

French Onion Soup Casserole

Well this past weekend was a good one because I didn't cook!! Ha!  Come Monday I was ready to make an easy peasy dinner...French bread pizza....but guess what! My bread was too hard :(  So being that it was a rainy day yesterday.....RAIN IN JUNE! I decided to make a fall meal that I have never tried before and it was very simple to make. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Here are the ingredients and my son's head hehehe.  You are going to need 3 to 4 medium onions (sliced), one can of cream of something soup (I used Mushroom), 2/3 cup milk, 1 small cap of soy sauce,  cheese of choice, I used mozzarella because that's what I had on hand for the French bread pizza :(, oh yeah and butter to sautee the onions in.  Can't forget the main ingredient...your kid! :)
So next I had my son throw in the butter and the onions and mix them around until they were translucent, but of course that photo was being stubborn and didn't want to upload :/  So here's the step after that.  we combined the soup, milk, and soy sauce and stirred it all together over a low flame.
We poured the mixture down into the casserole pan that contained the onions, you then put about half the cheese you are going to use into the dish and mix around until melted. The recipe called for 2 cups but I used less to my discretion. Then we place French bed slices on top and put in the oven for 15 minutes.  Take it out of the oven, push bread slices deep in the dish and top with remaining cheese and bake for 15 more minutes. Then ........
Dinner is Served :)  Tonight we are going to make TACOS!!!! So please come and check back tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment